Welcome to the php ebenezer's messageboard
see bottom for more info
Predicting the future: Oracles, soothsayers (humans and machines) (23/05/22 17:38:20)
- Artificial "intelligence" which is only based upon statistical chewing of large materials seem to have no understanding and no discernible method in their analyses or predictions. It's a black box. So faking or poisoning will be near impossible to detect. IMO no such systems should be certified for real-world use - but OKed for scientific purposes like classifying celestial objects. The sheer number of such objects is too high to enable visual operator-based methods.
Self-driving cars? Radar, multiple optical megapixel full-spectrum wide-angle sensors, ultrasound sensors - and ultrarapid picture and pattern recognition with ability to reconsider after jack-in-the-box events.
Sifting through a statistics database will be waaaaay too slow.
Carl Barks had a Gyro Gearloose story about predictions made by machine intelligence. The conclusion was: You have to ask the right questions, otherwise the replies will lead you into disaster.
- mbs.php3[?TPP=00] : Show first main page with up to TPP threads
- mbs.php3?thread=xx[&TPP=00] : Show the main page which include thread XX with up to TPP threads
- mbs.php3?thread=xx&num=yy : Show post xx and its corresponding thread
- mbs.php3?thread=xx&expand=on : Show all post in Thread on a single html page (usefull to keep a local copy)
messageboard's PHP script is a courtesy of Laurent
| ||This board has been visited 216221 times||Current time is 05/07/22 18:12:42|