Welcome to the php ebenezer's messageboard
see bottom for more info
Coal (07/12/18 16:34:31)
Emerging economies, as they are called, are installing coal-fired power stations in great numbers according to my sources. In view of the threatening climate changes this seems like a suicide path for the entire planetary ecosystem. Whatever one may think of the causes so far - increasing the concentration of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere will be not be helpful in limiting the rise in temperature.
I know from other areas that obsolete technologies are dumped into poor countries. Production is cheap, there is minimal competition, the buyers are corrupt - so the profits for the providers are satisfactory.
There is one remedy for this: A ban on building and running of fossil-fired power stations, and with harsh penalties for the guilty (read: prison sentences for ministers and CEOs). For light and cooking in warm countries there should not be a need for continuously-running system like coal-fired stations. Use of modern technologies should be mandatory.
Quite a few political compromises need to be made. But the people in power are leaders - aren't they?
- e : Oil (23/10/18 19:34:48)
- mbs.php3[?TPP=00] : Show first main page with up to TPP threads
- mbs.php3?thread=xx[&TPP=00] : Show the main page which include thread XX with up to TPP threads
- mbs.php3?thread=xx&num=yy : Show post xx and its corresponding thread
- mbs.php3?thread=xx&expand=on : Show all post in Thread on a single html page (usefull to keep a local copy)
messageboard's PHP script is a courtesy of Laurent
| ||This board has been visited 1112475 times||Current time is 09/07/20 02:34:08|